Itec Skills and Employment was established over 30 years ago to meet emerging skills gaps; today we have grown to become one of Wales’s largest and highest performing training provider. Working pan Wales, we support over 1000 employers and 5,000+ learners every year through a range of training and employment services. Our success has been built around the recruitment of talented people working to a consistent set of core values.
Managing Internal Quality Assurer – Health & Social Care
Salary Banding: £27,000 – £28,000
Base Location: Itec House, Cardiff
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for motivating and developing a team of Assessors to ensure learners have a positive learning experience.
- Effective team and caseload management; ensuring performance outcomes are achieved timely in accordance with the planned learner journey and evidenced in line with the contract and profile requirements.
- Responsible for completing IQA reports with sufficient detailed to support and improve performance
- Responsible for managing sampling and verification activities to improve the progression and
- achievement of learners and to ensure consistency across the team
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Assessor qualification
- IQA qualification or equivalent
- Management / Supervisory experience
- Experience and a proven track record of leading people
- Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
Employee Ownership Trust
Itec is an employee owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work.
As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Eyesight care scheme
- Gym Membership
- NUS discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.